When considering the material of your roof, you’re going to quickly find that there are a lot of options. One option that you should definitely consider is copper. Copper roofs have a lot going for them even though they aren’t always the first thing people think of when they think of roofing materials. The following are some of the benefits of copper roofing that you should know about:
- Copper is extremely durable – Copper roofing tends to be much more durable than other types of roofing materials. It’s extremely resistant to fire, hail, and mildew, which can cause serious damage to other types of roofing materials. Because of it’s durability, you can expect a copper roof to last much longer than other types of roofs. Most copper roofs will last up to 50 years as long as it’s properly maintained and repaired whenever necessary.
- It’s very lightweight – Copper roofing is much lighter than tiled roofs. This means that a copper roof will put much less strain on the structure of your house or building. It also means that a copper roof is much easier to install.
- Improve your curb appeal – Copper is not only a beautiful material, it’s a unique one that will help make your home or place of business stand out when compared to other, more common roofing materials.
- Reduce your energy costs – Copper is a metal, which means that instead of absorbing heat, like many other roofing materials do during the summer season, it will reflect heat. This will make it much easier to cool your home during the hotter months of the year, thereby reducing your reliance on your air conditioning system and helping to reduce your cooling costs. It will also help keep heat from rising through your roof during the winter, thereby reducing your heating costs.
- Reduce your environmental footprint – Besides the fact that a copper roof can help make your home more energy efficient, it’s worth noting that it’s a more sustainable option than other roofing types as well. Copper can be recycled, after all. Not to mention that the longer a roof lasts, the less material has to be produced to replace the roof — and copper lasts a long time.
There are a lot of benefits to choosing to install a copper roof instead of some of the more traditional types of roofs. If you are located in the Baltimore, MD area and looking for information on having a copper roof installed on your home or building, be sure to contact us online at Park Heights Roofing.